Pages

We have moved! You should be redirected to thelicentiate.com in a few seconds. This blog will not be updated. Click here if you are not redirected

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One for the lust list

Do two wrongs make a right? If the new J brand collab has anything to do with it, the answer is yes.

Maybe calling them 'wrongs' is a bad idea - it's just that high end designer jeans and Erdem have never been my cup of tea. Until now, that is. You still won't catch me dropping three hundred euro on a pair of Houlihans, but I'm very tempted by Erdem Moralioglu's gorgeous floral print zipper capris, which from far away looks like a complicated, beautiful burnout.

if you're like me and you thought that Erdem was a little staid, then look to his Ballet Russes inspired S/S collection, with perfectly bizarre, gorgeous florals and think again.  How wrong was I?  It's been one of my favourite shows all this season.


Photobucket

Above are the five offerings of the J Brand 5x5 initiative, which teams five designers with five London stores (Peter Pilotto at Selfridges, Richard Nicoll at Liberty, Christopher Kane at Harvey Nichols, Meadham Kirchhoff at Browns and Erdem at Harrods).  I am sorely tempted.

Photobucket
Erdem jeans from far away...
Photobucket
... and up close.