Pages

We have moved! You should be redirected to thelicentiate.com in a few seconds. This blog will not be updated. Click here if you are not redirected

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wanted: Simpsons Vintage



If you've read this blog before you'll know that I have a deep uncompromising love for The Simpsons, namely the first handful of seasons.  So deep is this love that I'm going to do a post on Simpsons and clothing, so switch off now if you find this boring...

I was just about old enough to remember the 'Ban The Bart' campaigns in 1990.  I also remember my granny was scandalised when she found out that my parents had bought both myself and my sister Simpsons t-shirts.  Mine was blue and had a picture of Bart saying "Don't have a cow, man".  Sigh.  Where did it all go wrong?

Right now I'd give my boyfriend's left nut for an old-school Simpsons sweater or tee (sorry Al) but they must have all been burned on an elementary school principal pyre because finding one of these, in a good condition and in a condition to fit a woman without looking like a tent is as rare as hens teeth (a comparison I never really got.  Do hens have teeth?).

These items are mostly from the early 90's and so are teetering on the edge of vintage.  I think that once the 20 year mark has passed for these items, they'll magically become ironic, then cool, then passé again in the hipster fashion wheel of fortune.

Here are some of my picks.

Photobucket
Available here , here and here .