Pages

We have moved! You should be redirected to thelicentiate.com in a few seconds. This blog will not be updated. Click here if you are not redirected

Thursday, August 5, 2010

A short post on, eh, shorts

Photobucket

Since I was a child I had a morbid obsession with the tuba, specifically it's rumbling bass tones. What can I say, it moved me.

So, with the current vogue for leather shorts and the bass obsession, I should probably join a Teutonic Oompah band. Or maybe just buy some vintage lederhosen. Like the pair below.

Photobucket

There's a method to this though. The leather shorts I find in the shop are poofy around the hips and quite a lot have gathered waists and broad, voluminous turn-ups or perforated motifs. This will look suitably amazing on Alexa Chung, but I'm five foot nothing with a biggish bum. Buying vintage boys clothes means that the hips are narrower, ergo slightly slimmer arse and a silhouette that looks more like actual shorts and less like I've stepped into an extra-durable binbag stretched with starch.  This pair is also nice and worn, so I won't actually look like I'm in an oompah band (more's the pity)

Here's a bonus track for you. I'm going to listen to it with a stein of Weissbier.




P.S  The new Licentiate column for The Cork Independent can be read here.