Pages

We have moved! You should be redirected to thelicentiate.com in a few seconds. This blog will not be updated. Click here if you are not redirected

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Personal Style Resolutions #7: My Third Cousin

My Third Cousin is a dialogue between distant family members sharing their style snippets and views on 'fashion, art music and whatever takes their fancy'.  One a vintage vixen, the other an avowed Wangette: both are well versed in the art of the outfit post.  Sarah Commane takes us through their personal style resolutions.

Photobucket
Source

2011 will herald a new style era for My Third Cousin; she has vowed to give vintage a chance. This, my friends, is something I have been annoying her about for a while and despite her 'but its old' retort, she has finally given in. Yes, I am dragging her to the nearest 'old clothes shop' (her words not mine). My Third Cousin will be converted to my mantra of 'vintage dress, nice tights, modern shoes. I’m dressed'. This little formula has saved me too many times to count.

Photobucket
Source

However, where there is give there is take. My Third Cousin is taking my money. She has convinced me to buy at least one good pair of shoes now I’m not too sure what she means by this but I’m guessing she isn’t suggesting a trip to Clarks. I love Jeffrey Campbell shoes and this might be the direction I take this resolution in. Well, hopefully.

Photobucket
Source

Also I have made myself promise to sort out my Wardrobe - eeekkk. I’m pretty sure this will involve being buried under some much neglected clothing from the gothic years of my life.

The final style resolution to be undertaken is to do with blogging and to improve, grow and have fun with our blog. Heres to a stylish 2011.

http://mythirdcousin.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/MyThirdCousin